Go Sea Kayak Byron Bay Tours
A highlight of your stay in Byron Bay will be this ocean adventure padding up close with dolphins, whales and turtles in Cape Byron's Marine National Park and learning the local Aboriginal stories and sacred places.
You will also have a great view of Byron's coast line and the Byron Bay lighthouse from the water.
Your Tour Program:
1. Your 3 hour kayak tour will start at Byron Bay beach
- Meet all your fellow paddlers
- Pair up on the 2 person kayaks
- Learn the basics of paddling a sit-on-top kayak
2. Then we hit the ocean
- Impress your friends (and yourself, just quietly) getting out past the shore break
- Learn about local Aboriginal stories and sacred places
- Paddle along The Pass surfing Mecca, Wategos millionaire row and Cape Byron, Australia's most Easterly point
- Keep an eye out for those cheeky dolphins, whales when in season and turtles popping up for a breath of fresh air
- Go for a snorkel & be amazed by the clear water, colour and variety of the tropical fish & reef
3. Take a Break
- Yummy refreshments and a swim
4. Paddle back to the main beach
- You shouldn't have eaten so many Tim Tams!
- Enjoy the stunning view of the Byron Bay coast line and lighthouse whilst paddling back to shore
- You might like to surf a wave back to shore - we will show you how
- Tell all your friends what an incredible time you had paddling with dolphins, whales and turtles with GoSea Kayak Byron Bay.
Tours are $69 per person
Children under 15 are $59 each
Tours are daily All Year deaprting at 9:30am and 2:00pm
- GoSeaKayak tours are in Cape Byron Marine Park
- No experience is necessary, our expert guides teach you all you need to know
- Meet at our trailer opposite 56 Lawson St. Byron Bay 20 mins before your tour time.
- We can also pick you up from your accommodation at no extra charge.
PLEASE NOTE: BOOKINGS ARE ESSENTIAL
To Go Sea Kayaking with Dolphins in Byron Bay call: 0416 222 344 or
Why Kayak with Go Sea Kayak Byron Bay?
- Go Sea Kayak Byron Bay is owned and operated by local surf lifesavers, ensuring your sea kayaking adventure is fun, safe and memorable. Read more on Our Team here.
- We have the best customer to tour guide ratio for Byron Bay Sea Kayak Tours.
- Go Sea Kayak Byron Bay has a 100% safety record.
- Go Sea Kayak employs local Aboriginal guides adding another unique dimension to our tours. Our guides will tell you the local stories of special places, animals and people relevant to Byron Bay.
- Our staff are professional, and enthusiastic - we love what we do and make sure you have a great time Click here to read of the experiences from some of our customers.
- $1 from every Go Sea Kayak customer is donated to Sea Shephard Conservation Society and Southern Cross University Dolphin Research Centre.
You will be paddling in the famous Cape Byron Marine Park where the dolphins, turtles and whales roam free.
It is a privilege to experience the company of these wild dolphins in the ocean.
On most tours dolphins will be sighted.
During whale season, you will also see humpback whales with their young calves on their migration from Antartica to the warmer waters off Queensland.
Many other sea creatures are spotted on our Byron Bay tours as well including turtles, tropical fish and impressive manta rays.
If you don't see a dolphin, whale or turtle on your tour - you can paddle again for free!
YES - this is part of the fun and experience!
We will provide you with everything you need to enjoy your tour - including safety equipment, snorkelling gear and even a full length wet suit in the cooler seasons.
Only waterproof cameras are suitable.
All your belongings can be securely locked in our trailer.
If you have a sense of adventure you will be fine.
You do not need to be superman or the bionic woman
You do not need to be an experienced paddler - we will show you the basics to get you started.
Most of our customers have never paddled before and they love it!
Our tours are run by local Surf Life Savers, ensuring your safety. GoSea Kayak Byron Bay has a 100% Safety Record. You are still welcome to paddle, Please notify your guide if you are a non-swimmer before starting your tour.
All paddlers are fitted with a lifejacket.
We provide you with everything you need to enjoy your tour experience - a sit-on-top-style kayak, safety equipment, free snorkelling gear and morning tea.
We can even pick you up from your accommodation at no additional charge.
All you need to do is wear your cossies [That’s Aussie for swimming costume] and some sun cream especially on legs and feet.
A long sleeve rash shirt to protect from the sun is handy and a towel for when you get back to shore.
You are provided with all safety equipment including a life vest and helmet.
A baseball style hat and sunnies are good under your helmet.
We have a 100% Safety Record.
Our tours are run by local Surf Life Savers, ensuring your child's safety.
Children are most welcome - some of our kayaks can accommodate a child in between two adults.
Please notify of children when booking tour.
All paddlers are provided with safety equipment including a life vest and helmet.